Now that you’ve planned exciting, fun, healthy activities to celebrate Global Wellness Day (GWD), June 13, 2015, make sure you promote it with the right audience. Here are some excellent ideas provided by the GWD team.
- Send an email, newsletter, or special letter or card to your VIP guests, or even your entire database
- A few days prior to GWD, send a text message
- Encourage businesses in your town or area to join in on celebrating GWD:
– a restaurant that will promote a savory meal as “brain food” or an “energy meal” in honor of GWD;
– a juice bar with a creative mixologist to launch a new fruit or veggie cocktail or smoothie;
– a yoga or Pilates or dance studio nearby that might be excited enough to produce a wellness flash mob to share music, movement, because “if you let it, the search for BALANCE can be a DANCE”;
– a bookstore that will bring forth a selection of bestsellers in health/fitness/nutrition/self-improvement (and, why not, an author to come for a book signing?)
- Since GWD is a non-for-profit initiative, with no budget for global PR, get in touch with YOUR PR manager, reach out to journalists and tell them about your local wellness activities, with the perspective of hundreds of facilities in 34 countries!
Let’s all “say yes!” to GWD!
Additional GWD materials:
Brief intro about GWD
High-Res GWD Logo
Conditions for Participation
How to Organize a GWD Event
Ready-to-print files for the “I Say Yes” paddle